Sunday, September 18, 2011

Another Birthday Passes...

It was a day I'll never forget...

I started my first day working with Physical Therapy on September 11. True, that day will always hold a special place in the hearts of every American. But this particular September 11th was special for a reason somewhat unrelated to that horrific day 6 years before.

My nephew was born in the afternoon of that September day. Never did I ever think I would be so in love, so happy, and so completely lost in a little boy. And I never thought it would happen so quickly. At four weeks early, he weighed in at 5 pounds, 13 ounces and was so completely beautiful despite all the lines and cords coming from his body. It's so scary to see someone so tiny be so dependent upon those machines. After two long weeks passed, he was finally on his way home.

 (Can you see the love there?? We have a bond like none other...)

It's been four years since he came into the world a tiny little boy... four really quick years. I look at him, at his smile and I see that itty bitty baby in that sweet little cap with the firetruck on it that was made by the NICU nurses. It just doesn't seem right. It cannot be right. That little boy can not be that big!

But he is... My sweet little nephew has turned four. Sometimes I say things like "Oh, I just can't wait for him to do this or that"... but deep down, I don't mean it. I mean, I do... but I can wait. I enjoy every moment I get to spend with him. Even when he's throwing a fit and acting like a brat, I still would rather have him in my life than not. He means everything to me...

 (This is a typical day for Nolan... and this boy loves a tie! LOL)

I didn't know how I wanted to address his birthday last week, so I waited until now. He had a wonderful party with lots of friends and family in attendance. He got a Wii and some games, which he has used a lot this week (and I have too... in fact, I think that Wii boxing whipped my butt!!). He also got some Toy Story 3, Spiderman, and Cars toys. All in all, he's a real happy boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment