Monday, March 19, 2012

And this is why...

Situation 1: Girl meets boy. Boy says he's crushing on girl. Girl feels good about it. Boy stops talking to her. Girl gives up on boy because she finds out boy has girlfriend. Boy meets girl's friend. Boy says he's crushing on friend. Girl stays single. Boy is stupid.

Situation 2: Girl meets boy. Boy says he likes girl. Girl thinks she might give him a chance. Boy sends obscene photo and expects girl to swoon over it. Girl stays single. Boy is stupid.

Situation 3: Girl meets boy in high school and thinks he is a jock. Boy acts like girl doesn't exist. Girl meets boy several years later. Boy likes girl. Girl feels like he's ridiculous for liking her. Girl acts like he's kidding and ignores him but asks him out anyway. Boy doesn't take her up on offer.  Girl stays single and feels stupid. Boy is stupid.

Situation 4: Girl meets boy. Boy says he likes girl. Girl and boy start dating. Boy and girl break up. Boy starts living with new girl. Boy expects old girl to still be there for him. Girl is single... and stupid for considering it. Boy is stupid.

Situation 5: Girl meets boy. Boy is several years younger than girl. Boy thinks he's hot and special because he plays a guitar. Girl thinks he's pretty cool. Boy dates someone else but expects girl to be his "friend" anyway. Girl ignores boy and his ridiculous requests. Boy gets mad at girl for ignoring him. Girl is single. Boy is stupid.

What is up with the whole dating scene these days? Yeah, I get that there really isn't a dating scene anymore and that most people are just "hanging out" and "hooking up." They say romance is still out there, but I haven't seen it. In fact, I don't know who "they" are. And I don't really know what this "romance" is they speak about. I haven't seen it. I know I have been single for a real long time now and maybe I just need to get back into the scene to see what it's all about. But really... this is what you give me?! These are my options?? Really?? And this is why I'm still single...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are having trouble Buzz. I can't really give you any advice because I'm a long ways away and don't know the situation. What I can tell you is you've always had something special that people relate to inside you. Eventually the right guy will have that something that you can connect to as well. I know you're probably rolling your eyes and don't wanna hear it. But I will continue to hope for the best for you. You really deserve nothing less. Period, final answer, the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Ev... You're too sweet. Most of the time, even with the given situations, I think it's probably me that's either too picky or not willing to give people a chance.

    ReplyDelete