Thursday, November 1, 2018

40 New Recipes Before 40: 6-7

I am moving right along with all of my "lists!" Because of this, I have added two more recipes to my 40 Recipes Before 40 List. Here's the info:

Coconut Macaroons: Now, I do not eat coconut. Let me just start with this one fact. I like coconut flavor in some things, but I hate the texture of flaked coconut. However, I was in the process of making a care package for my best friend just to let her know I was thinking about her. I texted her husband to find out what her favorite cookie was so I could include some in the package. After some investigating, he said "anything coconut." So I thought I would try out these lovely cookies. According to her, they turned out well! I'm so glad seeing as I never tried them.


Fried Apple Pies: This was something else that I do not eat. I love a crisp apple. But I do not love cooked apples. For over a year now, I have been promising my father that I would make these fried apple pies like his mom used to make... using dried apples. I finally came across some apples that were already dried for me. Of course, that was last year when I found them at Huber's Orchard & Winery in Indiana. Anyway... So I found the courage to try this recipe that I have thought to be intimidating. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I made them in really small sizes because of the cookie cutters I have at home. In the future, I will probably make them about double in size. But the filling was amazing! My father and sister were happy eating the filling just as it was.


All in all, I think both recipes were a success! I have marked two more on the list and I am looking forward to whatever I can find to make in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment