Tuesday, November 6, 2018

ROCK THE VOTE 2018



I voted today. And you should, too.

I grew up in a house that always talked about the importance of respecting your elders, saying "no" to drugs, and voting in every election. Today is no exception! I got up this morning, got dressed for work, then promptly headed up the street to cast my votes... all of them. And there seemed to be quite a bit to vote for this year. 

In this election today, my community had the chance to vote for those people that are to represent us for the next few years. They are our voice. They stand for us. So vote for who is listening to you!!

Also on the ballot for Warren County, KY is whether or not to make the county a wet county. The city of Bowling Green has been wet for as long as I can remember. But outside the city limits, you cannot buy adult beverages. It seems to me that we are behind the times here. There is a lot of money to be made for our community with the taxes off of alcohol. Lets bring it to Warren County! 

Another topic on the ballot that has been gaining a lot of attention is for Marsy's Law. Y'all... read it. Do not depend on the wording that is on the ballot today. Read what it stands for. Read up on what it will mean for you and your Right to Stand Your Ground. I'm not saying which way I think you should vote on this. But I will encourage you to do what is right. Read the proposed Law. Find out what it could mean for you. And vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment