Monday, July 25, 2011

Putting Up A Fight

We are silly... and we're spontaneous... and we're sisters.

When one of us has a problem, the other will listen and try to help. Sometimes we bicker and fight with each other because we are so completely different. It's funny when people ask us if we're twins. (I mean, come on... don't you think she looks older than me?! LOL. I'm kidding. But that's something she would say. LOL.) We have our own personalities and nothing about us is the same. She makes up her bed every morning and I do good if my pillows get picked up off the floor before I leave the room. Her ideal Saturday night is spent watching soap operas and cuddling with her little man, whereas mine is a nice drink and conversation with a good friend. I'm okay with throwing on a pair of jeans and pulling my hair back... and she is 45 minute showers, full-on makeup, and straightening her hair. We're just not the same person.

The things that make us who we are are the things that we love so much about each other. And I know she is there for me always. And I hope she knows I'm there for her, too. Right now, she's battling a fight that we've never had to fight before. And I hope this is the last time we have to deal with it. The love we have hasn't always been this strong. But we've come a long way since we were little girls. Our friendship has become so much more than just being sisters. And so we fight this together. 

Rea... I love you more than you'll ever know. You are an amazing person and I'm right here with you every step of the way. You are and will always be my forever friend.

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, Love this! And a big ole' THANK YOU, LORD for creating such a thing as sisters...

    Having each other's backs..that's what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete