Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Box of Chocolates

I've survived yet another Singles Awareness Day and I still have a smile on my face. I think it's safe to say that, by now, I'm okay with the single status. I enjoyed my day like anyone else did, including those WITH a Valentine.

I received some really lovely roses that brightened my morning. They were unexpected and they made me smile. The card was so cute... it read, "Will you be my Valentine?" and it was signed, "Your Favorite Valentine." How cute is that?! I love my Crystal. :)
 

I also received a beautiful pot of tulips from my father along with a sweet card. It's so nice to know you're thought of on days when you normally wouldn't be. My dad has a way of making you feel special... and he certainly did make me feel special. My mom had something to do with it, too... even if all she did was sign the card. :) 

It's nice to work in a place that isn't filled with other women, too. That just meant I didn't have to see all the mushy love going on around me, which would have only reminded me that I don't have someone. 

All-in-all, my Valentine's Day was pretty good. I have a desk with pretty flowers all over it and a cute Valentine from my nephew. I also got to spend the afternoon with my little buddy at his Valentine's Day party. It's so cute to see all the kids having so much fun. His friends had to give me hugs, all of them, more than once. At that age, they're so innocent and sweet. I even received two Valentines from his friends. They know how to make you smile, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment