Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oh Snap!

I read a post on my Facebook wall where a friend of mine felt like she just wanted to scream... so that made me think about breaking points. What does it take to make you snap? Sometimes, life sneaks up on me and I don't realize I'm at my breaking point until I'm about three seconds away from snapping. It's times like these when I realize I need to do something more than I'm already doing to relieve my stresses.

So, I signed up for the gym again. I haven't been in a couple of years though I've been doing a little working out a home here and there. But dad got a gym membership for Christmas from mom and he hadn't even gone. I thought it would be good for both of us, so I decided to go with him. We've been twice this week and both workouts were really good for us. We haven't stayed for too long but we're just getting started. I'm hoping we can increase our workouts soon. I know it takes a little time to get to where we want to be, but it will be worth it.

Another way to relieve my stresses is writing. I've got to start writing again. I've neglected my blogs for too long and my journal hasn't seen ink in weeks. I just have to do it. I just need to write.

I notice that I'm not depressed like I normally am at this time of year, but I am a little bit. I just need that boost of energy to keep me going in the right direction.

So I'm not going to snap. I'm not going to put that pillow over my head and scream at the top of my lungs. Instead, I'm going to breathe in and let it out. I'm going to run with the wind and rain on my face. I'm going to write until I have no other thoughts in my head. This is my time. The time to make the most of life, of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment