Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hope Floats

You know you've seen it. That Sandra Bullock movie... You know the one... she is told her husband is having an affair with her best friend on a talk show that's made to look like Ricki Lake?! The one where she goes back home to Texas or Oklahoma or somewhere all broken hearted and down on love. Where she meets up with an old friend and learns that she still has feelings inside of her that matter. She learns that she matters... and hope floats.

Well, this is sort of like that... but not.

I've been a little lost in myself for a while now. I'm not sure why. I wake up in the morning with myself. I go to bed every night with myself. But somewhere along the way, I lose sight of what is important to me. These days, I'm not sure what that is.

I have hope, though. Just like Sandra Bullock in that classic chick flick. She lost hope in life. She lost hope in becoming someone her daughter could be proud of. She lost hope in herself. But in the end, she found hope again. And she was willing and ready to let it fly. I think I am ready to fly. I just need to push through and find the hope that's waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment