Saturday, May 26, 2012

If Only

The fact that my parents have been married for 30+ years amazes me. They are coming up on their anniversary in a couple of weeks and I can still see the sparkle in their eyes. Sure, they have their disagreements from time-to-time, but the love they share is obvious. It's there, written in the stars.

If everyone could have a love like theirs, I almost think we could have world peace. I mean, love does something to you. It opens your heart and makes you sing along loudly with the radio (90s at 9). I know what you're thinking... she doesn't believe in love. But maybe I've changed my mind a little bit. Maybe I'm opening my mind to the possibility of loving someone. And maybe I'm opening to my heart to the opportunities of loving someone. You NEVER know when someone might pop into your life unexpectedly. You do not know that your trip to the grocery for a gallon of milk will have you leaving there with only a gallon of milk. You might meet someone in the Dairy section. Or what about at work, you could meet a new UPS driver who's really good looking and decide to pass along your number to him.

The point I'm trying to make is that it happens, most of the time without you thinking about it. You hear all the time that you have to look your best every time you step out of house because you never know who you might meet. Well, won't they have to look at you when you're INSIDE your house, too? I do not look so hot when I get out of bed and I pretty much look that way all day long. But I'm good with it. I know that if I met someone, they would have to be okay with how I look on a daily basis, not just how I look when they met me at some bar.

But what if you found someone who DID like you for who you are on a normal, every day basis? What if you met someone while wearing your sweatpants and t-shirt and they still thought you looked beautiful? What then? Does that change all the books on dating?

If only we could all find someone who would tell us "you are beautiful when you first wake up" or "You are amazing" on any normal day, then maybe more people would find love like my parents have... a love that truly is amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment