Saturday, May 12, 2012

Liars, Cheaters, and General Idiots

I find that it is usually too late in any relationship by the time you realize someone is lying to you, cheating on you, or is just an idiot in general. By the time things of this nature surface, you have already invested too much time, energy, and emotion to just walk away. The drama that is associated with these types of behavior escalate the longer you know someone. It seems like the feelings you might have overrule what your brain tells you as right or wrong. We all know lying is wrong. Cheating is wrong. It isn't fun for anyone. Well... I guess that isn't true. I guess those who lie and cheat have fun at it, otherwise they wouldn't continue. Or would they?

I've recently discovered a few of these situations in my own life. Maybe not to me personally, but they exist around me and wreak havoc for those around me. In one situation, I was awakened by a friend and their significant other to discuss whether or not I was involved with that friend intimately. Thinking about being angry about being awakened in the middle of the night, I wanted to snap their heads off for being so ridiculous. So the topic is brought up about checking the other person's phone for anything that might be odd or suspicious. And I guess I was the only thing suspicious in that phone. Really?! That is why I am called to the stand? After answering the absurd questions about my friendship and being accused of something, I made it a point to tell them both that they need to pay more attention to each other and if that happened there would be no reason to go through the other person's phone for "evidence."

There are other situations I could go into, but those cannot be vague enough to post here. I have no way of masking other situations without putting the whole true real story out there. Just know that it makes no sense.

People make life so ridiculous because they cannot live up to the lies they themselves have started. I'm sure this is all a little too vague to be interesting, but it makes perfect sense. If you lie, if you cheat... you will be found out about. I do not understand how this minor detail is not a concern at all.

Another thing that really gets me fired up is the fact that people say they lie to keep from hurting someone. How does that make sense at all? If you are a liar, please... comment below and tell me HOW that makes any sense at all. Because I have been wracking my brain trying to come up with a solution to this issue.

And then there is the general idiot. You know who they are. They are the ones that continue to let these things happen to themselves. They are the ones that allow the lying and the cheating to go on because they are either too scared to be alone, too blinded to see it happening, or too embarrassed to cause a scene about it. I have been that idiot. I do not like being that idiot. And I refuse to let that happen to myself anymore. I just wish other idiots like me would wake up and realize that life is so much better without that drama. It is better to be alone in this world of relationships than to be made a fool.


No comments:

Post a Comment