Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cut!! Action!!

After reading then re-reading my last post, I talked to one of the closest people to me and realized that I have the power within me to make changes in my life. It's not that I didn't know this already. I guess I just never had the will to want to make the changes that need to be made. There are things that I need to cut out of my life and actions that I need to work on if I want to move forward.

The toxins that invade my space are not there because I want them to be there. They poison me because I allow them to do that. It is so easy to say you should cut this person out of your life or you should start doing this instead, but it really is so much more difficult than that. I have given this same advice to my closest friends for years. I am confident when I speak to my friends, knowing my advice is good, strong advice coming from someone outside of the issue. But for some reason, I have had issues listening to myself... listening to my own advice. I'm pretty sure we all have had this problem at one time or another.

All I can do is hope that I stay on this path. I know in my heart that I do not deserve to be walked on or treated certain ways. My parents taught me better than that, so why would I allow it to happen anyway? I think I get so wrapped up in how others see me. I don't want someone to think I'm mean or hateful, but I can't sit back and be walked on.

I feel pretty good about the actions I'm moving forward with these days. My life is too good to be poisoned by hurtful people who only look out for themselves. So I'm cutting out the negatives and pushing forward the actions of making my life a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment