Saturday, September 1, 2012

Seredipity 3, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas


I can't explain, to the full effect, my absolute feelings about a little place called Serendipity 3. For years, I have wanted to go to this little restaurant in New York City and order their Frrrozen Hot Chocolate. I saw it in a movie once and thought it looked like the most amazing dessert ever. I had to try it. I just had to get to New York. Then as I was walking down the strip in Las Vegas last April with my friend, Jennifer, I saw it. There wasn't just one Serendipity 3 in New York City... there was one in Las Vegas, too! I was excited and thought I had my chance to experience a true part of The Big Apple... but I was wrong. We just didn't get there in April. So when my best girl, Mary Jo, and I decided to fly out to surprise our friend, Libbi, I knew I had my chance to stop in there.

Just as I suspected, my girlfriend was up for anything. She said we should definitely make Serendipity 3 a priority on our list of things to do while in Vegas... which consisted of nothing at that time.

On our second day in Sin City, we ventured out of TI and headed towards Serendipity 3. Along the way we stopped by the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace and looked around at all the luxuries we could not afford (Christian Louboutin shoes, Emilio Pucci clothes, and high dollar chocolates). After wandering along inside the mall there, we decided to just backtrack and try to find our way outside... and we did.



Finally, we arrived at our destination. The heat was pretty bad that day and we'd been walking around a while, so we opted for indoor seating. The atmosphere was so fun. It was perfect for a ladies luncheon. We were seated promptly and given a stack of menus to ponder over. I wanted to try nearly everything. It was hard to make up my mind, but I kept going back to the burger for some reason. I ordered a cocktail (Cotton Candy Martini) and my cheeseburger/fries. Mary Jo opted for the white pizza. When our food arrived, we were amazed at how good it all looked. Without even taking a bite, we just knew this was going to be a lunch we would remember.






We had to stop. There was no way either of us could finish our lunches if we had any kind of desire to try dessert. So we packed up our left-overs and ordered what was quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever had. I ordered the Frrrozen Hot Chocolate (the original... they have TONS of variations and toppings) and my girlfriend ordered the Fried Oreo Sundae. We were pretty much amazed at how huge they were. We could have shared HALF of one dessert. The fried oreos were coated in a corn flake type of batter and deep fried to golden deliciousness. Inside her bowl along with the fried Oreos were huge scoops of cookies and cream ice cream, hot fudge, marshmallow cream, and whipped cream. It was massive. I believe my frrrozen hot chocolate was said to be made from 20 different kinds of chocolates. I had no idea there were THAT many kinds of chocolate, but I can tell you now that I love them all. (Haha!!)



After finishing all that we could of our lunch and desserts, we sat there miserably. I know we gained a million pounds off that lunch, but it was SO worth it. I can't wait to go back and try something different. I recommend everyone going and trying this restaurant. It's amazing... really.

***** Serendipity: "It's such a nice sounding word for what it means: a fortunate accident." *****

No comments:

Post a Comment