Saturday, September 1, 2012

Tamara's Travels and Marvelous Memory Making

A couple of years ago, I started a bucket list to experience all that I could of out my life. Not just a list of things to do before I die, but a list of things to do every year. Who said their 20s was the best time of their lives?? I think the 30s are my prime. I'm living in my time. It's my time to find who I am. It's my time to experience all I can. And it's my time to truly live this life of mine.

Every year, I put "Travel more" on my bucket list in hopes that I will go and do whenever I can... and let me tell you, I have gone... and I have done. And I'm not stopping there.

Last year I traveled a lot and I got to make tons of memories, but the happiness I had throughout the year was tainted by my sister's cancer and then losing someone very dear to me, my grandfather. After losing my grandfather, it seemed like life was dealing me a really sorry hand. I lost a great-uncle, and then several of my friends lost loved ones, too. By the end of the year, I couldn't really say whether my year was great or not. I had so many mixed emotions.

When I started on my bucket list for this year, I added the usual items including "Travel more." I know that I am doing a real good job at satisfying that one item on my list. So far this year, I've been back to Mardi Gras, spent a weekend in the mountains, worked out of town three times, visited Las Vegas (not once, but TWO times), surprised a couple of my best girls, and soaked my feet in the summer sun on the beaches of the Sunshine State. It's never enough, though. I'm already trying to plan more vacations and more weekend getaways. I need more road trips. I need more pins on my atlas of life.

Some people probably think it's a little much and I should stay home every once in a while, but I disagree. It's true that I could save more money and maybe have more material things if I did that. But that's just not who I am. I'm a "throw some clothes in a bag and go" kind of girl... a rambling child searching for my soul. It always makes me smile when I think of even the smallest memories that are made during my travels - the inside jokes... the photographs in my mind... and the musical soundtrack of life that makes each trip so special.

I was flying home from Cincinnati (second leg of the flight home from Vegas) just yesterday and I was thinking how nice it would be to crawl into my bed and take a nice long nap. But when I woke up from that nap, I was already trying to figure out where to go this weekend. I mean, come on! It's a holiday weekend!! LOL. Aren't you ready to go, too??

No comments:

Post a Comment