Monday, May 16, 2011

Days Go By

It seems like a lot has happened in the past week. And it has. On Monday of last week, I was 31 years old. I was in a pretty good mood. And I was finishing up the last of my classes for WKU for the Spring semester. By Wednesday afternoon, I'd found out that my brother had taken and passed all but one of his GED tests. His mathematics section will have to be taken next week because he missed it. But everything else he passed and I'm so proud of him.

Wednesday night was also the last night I was 31 years old. I woke up to the sounds of a rooster crowing up the street on the day of my 32nd birthday. I found a sweet "HAPPY BIRTHDAY EYE HEART U" drawn out on a piece of copy paper layed on top of my pillow. So sweet that mother of mine is. The heart she drew was brown (just like mine) and she wrote the words in green (my favorite color). She knows me all too well. Thursday night, I spent the evening with my family (minus one brother) celebrating, yet again, my birthday.

On Friday, I worked another long day at the office. Friday night, I went out with some really great friends to not really celebrate my birthday... but to give us a real reason to meet up and have a little fun. My sister wasn't interested in going... not that I figured she would be. And then I had a friend that said she was coming out but ended up staying home with a sick kid (a phone call or text to let me know would have been nice... just saying). Two really great girls came out to sit with me and listen to some good tunes. My best girl, Crystal, and the girl I haven't seen in years, Samantha. We had a really good time soaking up the evening.



The evening was a really nice time. It was a long time coming, and it lasted a long time. Crystal ended up leaving early. She didn't seem to really be there but had her reasons for coming out anyway. It was nice that she came. After closing up the bar, yet again, I came home to get try to get a few hours of sleep. And a few hours is all that I got.

Saturday morning (super early), we all woke up and headed to Mayfield, KY for Larea's graduation. And I was so proud of her. We stayed at Kentucky Dam Village and had dinner at Patti's. I'd never been there before. And if you haven't, you have got to try it! It's fantastic!






But the weekend has ended. All the fun and happiness has passed. And another week has passed. And here I am... again. Only now I'm 32. Nothing else has changed. Nothing has gotten better. Nothing has gotten worse. I'm just sitting here becoming stale. I'm tired... and I'm tired. And now I'm going to bed. There are a lot of things on my mind right now and yet I don't know how to put them into words. Yes, me... I can't put my thoughts into words. Weird, huh? But I'm sure there's a reason for it other than feeling lost.

Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Damn, I think we caught our emotional funk at the same moment! Hah! I was so down and out. Everything was just BLAH!

    Maybe it's seasonal? Not quite summer, not a true spring yet either? Weird!

    Here's hoping for brighter days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're right aboutthe seasonal emotional funk. I could use a good dose of sunshine and maybe even some good classic rock running through my veins. I need to feel that in my sould.

    ReplyDelete