Tuesday, May 3, 2011

PIcky, Picky


I have been a picky eater for as long as I can remember and I'm not real happy about it. I just saw a commercial for a delicious looking salad. But guess what... I don't eat it! I don't eat anything. Here's a brief list of some things I do not eat:

Asian cuisine (any kind)
Mashed potatoes (unless they're instant)
Most green vegetables
Steak
Seafood
Coconut
Bananas

Blah, blah, blah... Yeah... I don't eat anything. But I realized when I was working in therapy at the Med Ctr that I have issues with food textures and not so much flavor. I had no idea that there was actually another person out there that had the same problems as me. Yeah... she was like 6 years old. But still. There are other people that don't deal well with some food textures.

But because I don't eat anything, I've made it a point to try a new fruit and a new vegetable every year. I also try to get in other foods when I can. This year, I have tried two different kinds of crab legs, seared (but raw) Ahi tuna, pineapple, and black eyed peas. I'm 3 for 5 on this list and the year is still young. I've got a lot of time left this year to keep on trying new things. And I plan on adding to that list.

In the mean time, are there any suggestions on how to get past these texture issues? I would eat a whole lot better if I didn't have issues with the foods I try to eat. It can be frustrating. I would like my taste buds to grow up a little (is that what's in charge of the texture issue??). I'm tired of being so picky...

No comments:

Post a Comment