Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lazy Days

Sometimes life can be so hectic. We run constantly on coffee beans and energy drinks. Nowhere in my contract for life, did I agree to such insanities as ribbon cutting ceremonies, peeling twice from a single sunburn, or last minute throw together events. All of which have come together in less than one week.

Or so I thought.

Next weekend is our annual Independence Day party and preparations are in full swing. I'm exhausted already! I have been preparing myself for this event by laying around in my bed reading a good book and watching garbage on my DVR (such guilty pleasures, I must admit, as "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" and "Toddlers & Tiaras". LOL). It's been nice, though, to wind down from a really busy week while away on vacation and then back in the office.

Vacation, while looking ahead two weeks ago, seemed to not be long enough. So we added a day to the end of it. But while away and vacation in full swing, I was tired and kissed a little too much from the sun. And when you're sunburnt pretty badly, there's nothing for you to do but sit around inside away from the rays. So after that, I was ready to just get back to work and away from the sunshine until the burn sinks in.

Magaily and me at the park for Katelyn's birthday party
Riding along the coast with the top off of the jeep, the wind blowing through our hair, and the sun still beating down on us and the burns we already have from the beach...
My view when looking up from my seat in the Jeep while driving across the Bay St. Louis bridge

***

Once I got back home from my vacation, I felt the wrath of being gone a few days. I had a ton of things to do in the office for every day work, closing of fiscal year, and the ribbon cutting ceremony. Finally, everything came together and I can now breathe. The Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for our new training center went well. There were lots of people there and everything seemed to go as planned. There was a nice video clip on WBKO about it. Though, I think they got my boss's name wrong. LOL. I'm kind of surprised there weren't more mistakes than that, though. 

BGFD set the flag up for our ceremony. It's always so beautiful to see. Makes me so proud of the job I'm doing and the field that I work in. (Just wish the photo weren't a little crooked. LOL)
My father and I both work for the KY Fire Commission and State Fire Rescue Training. It was really great being able to experience this with him. 

This is my staff. Well, most of them. 
***
And now that all of that is over with, I can focus on yet another event... our party. It happens every year at the same time. Last year we had a change of venue. But this year, we're back at the house and we are ready to throw down a party! If you've been to one of our parties before, you know you're going to have a good time and eat way too much. I know there's still a lot to do. And I know that most of that to-do list will get done the morning of the party. But I know I can't wait to enjoy it all with my family and friends. 

***

So... for the rest of this weekend, I'm going to enjoy being lazy. I might finish up some laundry. But for the most part, I plan on doing absolutely nothing. And it's going to be great. 'Cause after all, tomorrow is another day... and it'll be filled with things to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment