Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Breeze

Summer is almost here. But the weather has been feeling like those dog days. It's been HOT! I've been enjoying the weather by driving with my windows down all the time. For a girl that grew up playing inside all summer long because of air conditioning, I've sure been enjoying the warmth, sunshine, and humidity. There's nothing like that warm wind blowing in the car windows while listening to some tropical tunes.

That warm weather has meant fun in the sun. Larea bought Nolan a Slip-N-Slide... and he did not like it. LOL. She tried to show him how to use it, but he wasn't having it. He just wanted to run through the water on the sides. 


After trying to convince him that it was so much fun, just try it... we gave up. So, we've found other means of fun besides that Slip-N-Slide. Today, Nolan helped me wash my car. I don't know why I have issues with car washes in town, but I do. I know my car isn't the best car out there. But I don't feel like it really cleans my car well. So every summer, I pull the car around back and scrub it from top to bottom with a wash cloth and an old toothbrush. No, it's never perfect. But it's clean. Today, Nolan helped me a lot. We scrubbed. We rinsed it off. We scrubbed. We rinsed it off. Then we played in the water. We sprayed water and then hooked the hose up to the sprinklers. Nolan had a blast running around in the water and drinking water from the sprinkler. And tonight, he showed me how great he was at shooting baskets. I was amazed watching him hit basket after basket on his basketball goal.

Nolan running after the ball

Dirty britches... they were wet and muddy... and he was having the time of his life!
He drank all of mom's tea... All of it...
He was so dirty from rolling around in the grass... and running back and forth with the basketball.

What could be better than this? Life is so good these days. I get to spend time with the best people ever and enjoy the memories as we make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment