Tuesday, June 28, 2011

That Chapter

Some years back... I met a guy.

I thought he was really great and quite possibly hung the moon. After heartbreak and then ultimately understanding, I grew to know the real man.

Today, I no longer love that man. I haven't loved him in a long time. And sometimes I wonder if it was ever real. I see things from our relationship that never fit quite right. And I remember how naive I'd been at one point, and then how foolish I were at another. But it was all there in black and white. I just never wanted to see it.

Lately, things have been resurfacing in my head. I don't know why that is... why now? It makes absolutely no sense at all to me. Maybe it's part of the whole soul-searching thing I've been doing. Maybe I have to address those feelings that have been suppressed for so long. Maybe I need to truly finish that chapter of my life. And maybe, just maybe, that will help me grow and accept love again. I'm hoping that I can turn the last page and open a new chapter of being me. 

1 comment:

  1. I think he had a lot of people fooled... and, that's sad because he has the potential to be so much better because of what he went through earlier in life... I can't believe I never knew how he really felt about me... I thought we were friends too.

    Right now, you couldn't pay me enough to sit in the same room with him! I feel sorry for him, though, because he's let so many great people that really loved him, slip through his hands.

    I think that page is turning, girl... I can see it!

    ReplyDelete