Friday, June 3, 2011

Wrap Up...

I cannot believe it has been SO long since I've posted a blog. What a loser?! LOL. Add to that loser status by admitting the my Project 365 picture blog hasn't had a photo posted to it in ages. AND my Pinterest gets updated once in a blue moon. So much for keeping up with myself this year. I don't know why I put this on my yearly bucket list. I always tend to stray away.

So here's the wrap up...

Nolan had surgery in Louisville to remove his ear tube and the really bad bacteria (pseudomonas) growing there. But the tube had apparently fallen out already. The great doctor flushed his ear with antibiotics and put in a new tube. He was off from daycare and pre-school for an entire week with mom. A home health nurse had to come by once a day and give him his antibiotics through an IV. He did very well and the IV didn't come out at all. So proud of him for being a big boy.

Speaking of big boy, Nolan finished his 6 week session at the transitional pre-school at Cumberland Trace. In the meeting, Larea was told that Nolan was gifted. I totally believe that. That boy is so smart! Way to go, little buddy!

Another gifted person would be my brother, Jeremy. He passed all parts of his GED test and received his high school diploma! He scored very well. In fact, they told him he did better than most high school graduates today. I knew he was smart. He just wouldn't apply himself. LOL.


~So proud of my little brother!~

In other news, I found a great price on a plane ticket to see one of my best girls. I cannot be more happy! I'm flying to West Palm Beach, Florida next month! And more vaca news... I'm going to Mississippi in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of the beach... and enjoying myself... Crystal and I had the most fun last Saturday when we were inducted into the Parrothead family. For the first time ever, we went to see Jimmy Buffett in concert. And I must say it was the best concert I have ever attended. Now my brother is a huge Parrothead and I wish he would have gotten to go, too. But instead, he stayed home and listened to the concert live on Margaritaville radio. I used to joke about how obsessed he was with JB. But I totally get it. I haven't really listened to anything else in the past week. I've made mixed CDs of his songs that I purchased on iTunes immediately after posting concert pics to Facebook. LOL. AND... all the songs I didn't know the lyrics to before, I do now. I'm currently waiting on my FINS window decal to come in the mail and Jeremy to send over his books. Haha! It's just so tropical and it's really feel-good music. LOVED it! It's really too bad that Cincinnati is already sold out. But I hear he'll be back at JazzFest in N'awlins next spring. Hmmm... may have to check that out!

~Come Monday w/Mac McAnally and Kenny Chesney~

~Walking down the middle of Broadway during the Jimmy Buffett Street Party after the concert~

So that's about it for the wrap up. I hope everyone else is doing as well as I am. Because I truly believe... Life. Is. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment