Friday, July 20, 2012

Mellow Mushroom Bowling Green

Okay. So you KNOW I'm diggin' on some pizza. I first visited a Mellow Mushroom in Pigeon Forge, TN sometime last year and fell in love with the atmosphere and the food. Since that first visit, I've also spent a few afternoons enjoying the delicious fare at the Mellow Mushroom in Nashville. Equally fantastic!

When I heard about a Mellow Mushroom opening in Bowling Green... well you could say I was pretty ecstatic about it. I mean... awesome music, tasty foods, wonderful selection of drinks... Seriously, you can't go wrong.

My family and I went to Mellow Mushroom in Bowling Green on their opening day in the spring of this year. As expected, it took a little while to get our food. Once we got it, however, it was great. We enjoyed chatting and munching. The artwork on the walls is amazing and the booth we sat in was really comfortable. The staff was friendly and getting to know the menu pretty well.

BUT... since then, we have had less than expected service. Now let me say this: The food is ALWAYS spectacular!

On several occasions, we have gone back to Mellow Mushroom in Bowling Green and every time the service is horrible! I expect to wait for a table. That's normal. But I do not expect to be in a restaurant for hours unless I'm planning on throwing back a few pints all night long. The last time we visited, we complained heavily. It was ridiculous. A one-hour lunch break turned into nearly two hours and half of our party had to leave without food while tables all around us came in after us and had their food. The manager had a bunch of excuses, but what we ordered was simple... slices and salads. Food that we were told (when ordering our drinks) would only take 20 minutes tops. After waiting for 45 minutes, our server told us there were "only 6 tickets" in front of us. I did contact the corporation after leaving because I was so disgusted with the continuous bad service we get there. I received an email about some kind of credit when I come back in, but I don't want the credit. I want better service. I want to get my food in a timely manner. I would like to eat on my actual lunch break and not have to go back to my office hungry and smelling like garlic.

Now, I appreciate the effort that it takes to make good food. And I appreciate a good server. And I tip accordingly. I don't like to complain, especially in restaurants. And I do understand that I'm a picky eater. But I spend a lot of money in restaurants and bars. I have no problem at all paying full price for a meal as long as it's hot, fresh, and the service is good. I'm not saying I want someone to kiss my ass the whole time I am there, but I do expect the servers to not be standing around talking to each other and then come up with bullshit excuses about why our dinners aren't out 45 minutes later.

Since that unfortunate lunch, I have not been back to Mellow Mushroom in Bowling Green. I have not decided whether or not I will. I love the food, but in the time it took to get my lunch that last time I could have driven to the one in Nashville and ordered. Today, we had another ladies lunch and ordered Pizza Hut instead. They delivered it early and everything was right. Thanks, Pizza Hut! We all were able to enjoy our lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment