Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

We work every day for the couple of days we call our weekend off. We work hard pushing papers, pushing IVs, or pushing our way to the top. We make money to pay our bills and feed our habits. When those days off do come to us, we really just want to relax or party it up with friends and family. We do NOT want to spend them laying in bed all day.

That's pretty much how I've spent my weekend... laying in bed. I've been reading Facebook posts about this person getting sick, or that person still down with the sickness. I never thought I'd be one of those laid up on a summer Saturday sipping my ginger ale lightly and hoping to keep down the chicken noodle soup. But that was me. I think I am slowly getting over it. I have to get over. I have things to do this week and being down yesterday and today has really put a kink in my hose.

Life goes on, though, and we work it out, right? Isn't that what we women do? We just go on with it?

So while I've been holding up in my bed, my very best girl in Florida is holding up in her home trying to survive the wrath that is Hurricane Isaac. The rain and winds are pelting down on her family pretty hard I hear and hopefully it will be over soon.

Elsewhere in the news, Neil Armstrong has passed away. What is happening to the world?! We've lost Dick Clark AND now Neil Armstrong? Maybe the world really is ending in December. Hmmm... If it is, I need to get back to 100% so I can enjoy my last few months on earth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment