Saturday, October 13, 2012

And the Bagpipes Played...

My fire service family lost another brother while I took some time away from the blogging world. Director of State Fire Rescue Training for the Kentucky Fire Commission passed away after a two week battle of the unknown.

Bryant Stiles was laid to rest in his hometown of Calhoun, KY after spending nearly two weeks in ICU for an unknown infection. There were so many brothers and sisters from the fire service that came to pay their respects to a good man. It was emotional. It was so sad. It was a little shocking. I know I was still in shock about it all once it was all over.

I still don't know what really happened to him and I'm not sure I ever will. But right now, we are all just trying to get through it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment