Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ketch-Up! Keep Up!

I have been so bad about not keeping up with my blog and journal and photo journal lately. I guess I've been a little busy. I think it's more like I've been a little lazy. It's been 5 days since I last posted and lots of things have happened since then...

To start, Lucie Claire had her official first birthday! This little beauty is the daughter of my best girl Casey and her husband, John. The birthday party last weekend was just amazing. Casey is so talented and crafty! She spent a lot of time working on that party to make it the absolute best party it could be for her first-born child. And she succeeded! It was amazing, girl! You totally ROCK!

St. Patrick's Day was Thursday and we all know I love my green!! I definitely wasn't going to get pinched! I had an outfit for work which was slightly more professional than my "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" t-shirt I wore to Ladies Night. Speaking of Ladies Night, that was also Thursday. We had a big turnout... but missed Aunt Kathleen (and everyone else that normally doesn't get to come). It never fails... we eat too much, we laugh too much, we play too much. It was the best time playing LCR (or whatever it's called) using beads instead of those little chips.
Lauren won the big money pot and got to keep all the beads, too. Her kids will enjoy playing with those. Doris was showing a little too much and then we got to hear all about these killer chickens that were out to get the twins when they were younger. They were so passionate about telling us this story. We all had a big laugh!!
Then late Thursday night, a new filly was born at Ironwood Farms. She's a beauty, huh??
On Friday, the weather was absolutely beautiful! Larea and I took Nolan to see the WKU baseball game against MTSU. This is the first baseball game we've seen this season. Nolan was really excited for the first inning... but after about halfway through the second inning he was ready to go. Looks like we're gonna have a long season of this. But he's been so excited, it was fun to go even for a little bit.

Saturday was a good day overall. I spend most of my day getting my hair done with Ms. Annelle in Russellville. This lady is amazing! I love her! Thank you to Casey for referring me to her. AND Ms. Annelle says you give the BEST pedicures. So I  may have to check that out sometime when you aren't busy (hahahaha!!! yeah right you say!). And when I got home, the family was putting together Nolan's trampoline he got from Santa. The day was just beautiful and the sun was shining so bright. I sat around and watched them do most of the work, lending a hand every now and then. I got some pics of Larea and Nolan jumping on it. He had the most fun!

Saturday night, dinner with the family then out for drinks and good music (by Taildragger) at Tidball's with Crystal. Wish Larea had made it out. But Nolan was a good boy so he won a popcorn/movie prize. So she spent a little quality time with her little man.

Sunday was a day of being lazy. I slept in later than I normally do and it felt pretty good. Then I realized the sun was shining and it felt amazing outside yet again. So open the windows came and out with the winter duds. My closet has been revived from boring neutrals and deeper colors to brights and colorfuls. It always feels good to clean out your closet, huh?!

But of all the things I did the last few days, one of my favorites was rekindling a friendship from high school with a guy that was one of my dearest friends. He was amazing then and is amazing now. It's so good to reminisce about the old days and catch up on everything. What a great guy he is?! His wife is a lucky woman!!

Now I plan on being better at keeping up with this during this week. Wish me luck... That's all the ketchin' up and keepin' up I've got for you for now. Goodnight y'all!

2 comments:

  1. We've been running around too, girl :) Makes for good livin' and bad blogin'...

    This weather is too gorgeous to stay indoors!

    Berg says our next big purchase is gonna be a golf-cart..haha! I'm afraid he's serious. You know I'm gonna cover it in hippie bumper stickers, right?

    Glad to see you've been a busy, buzzy;) bee! Love that pic of Nolan on the trampoline...that is what bliss looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I feel like we've been strangers lately. But you're right... running around busy all the time. You guys always look like you're having the time of your lives. And I LOVE it! I totally think Berg is serious about the golf cart. And I cannot wait to see it after you've gotten a hold of it! The weather here in KY has been beautiful, too. I've done a little spring cleaning and it's been great to get out my spring/summer clothes and pack away winter. Love you guys and I miss y'all something crazy! Glad to see you're doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete