Wednesday, August 1, 2012

All American Diner, PCB

Outside the silver building is a sign that reads, "Steaks*Shakes*Pancakes." We went in looking for that diner experience and that's what we got. There was a nice breakfast buffet, which Larea and Nolan chose. Mom and I opted for "The Elvis" (ham and cheese omelet), and dad got some kind of breakfast sandwich on an English muffin.

For the most part, the food was good. Dad's sandwich had a tomato on it which was not really edible. Larea fixed that, though, by getting a fresh one from the buffet. Nolan had a waffle that was a little hard, but he scarfed down the pancakes. The omelets were bigger than we needed. LOL. But then, I don't think I've ever ordered an omelet that was smaller than expected. Mom and I could have shared one omelet. The only problem I had with the food was that the omelet was mostly egg, and I am not an egg fan.

Other than the food, the decor was what you would expect in a 50's style diner. I was not pleased with the cleanliness though. The bowl on the table that housed the creamer and sugar substitutes was dirty and there was something on the creamer cups (coffee or syrup maybe). The floors was dirty and in need of sweeping, with scrambled eggs resting under the table. It really looked like Robert Irvine should come in any moment and shut the place down for an overhaul. Dad even made the comment that he would be scared to see what the kitchen looked like.

But... with that being said, the food WAS pretty good. I don't know if I would visit there again, but it satisfied our hunger and everyone else seemed to really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment