Monday, August 6, 2012

New Shoes

You know how good you feel when you get a new pair of shoes? You know what I'm talking about... that feeling like you can "run super duper fast" (as Nolan would say), or maybe you can conquer the world with your new confidence. New shoes are the best.

I have a friend who has started a new journey in their life. My friend has bought a new pair of shoes and that friend is tying them on and taking off. So many times we lose who we are, or maybe we become someone else out of fear of being who we really are. I am so proud of my friend for having the courage to take on such an adventure. It inspires me, actually, to start doing things for myself and learning who I am... again.

Like I've said before, I don't think we ever really know who we are. How can we when we are constantly experiencing new things and learning more about life? It feels good to buy those new shoes and take off with life's adventures. They say, "You're only young once," but I don't believe that. I don't know if we ever really get old... unless we stop buying new shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment