Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hungry Howie's Pizza & Subs

"Original, sesame, butter, poppy seed, rye, garlic, hot cajun, and butter cheese."

Well, those were the choices 15+ years ago when I worked my nights and weekends flipping pizza dough and cutting slices. And you know what... it hasn't changed much. They nixed the poppy seed and rye flavors, instead opting for ranch and onion flavors. Now, I have not tried the new flavors, but that's only because I LOVE the cajun crust. If I could, I would put that cajun seasoning all over the pizza and not just the crust. It's delicious. We ordered so much food the first time that we had left overs to take back. The pizza is pretty cheap and the flavor is pretty spectacular. 

So spectacular that we ordered it again a couple of nights later... this time we had it delivered to the room and subs were on the menu. They've tossed out the old cheese (the swiss-american combo), which I LOVED, and stuffed their dough with a three-cheese blend. It was good, but not the same. I'd still go for the pizza and the three-cheese bread! 

I miss the Hungry Howie's we had here in town and I'd gladly stop at any Hungry Howie's along my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment