Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Pier Park


I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes. Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer. Well good God almighty, which way do I steer?!

Yeah, I was singing this song as I ordered my lunch while overlooking the pier in Panama City Beach. The breeze coming off the Gulf and the tropical drink in my hand just made everything perfect.

This makes the third Margaritaville restaurant we have tried out in the past couple of years, though we have frequented the one in Nashville a few times since it opened. Every time we find it amazing. The atmosphere is the most fun. If you can't make it to a concert, this has to be the next best thing. And for those of you who deny your inner parrothead, you have no idea what you're missing.


Dad enjoyed his hurricane (It's 5 o'Clock Somewhere), while mom sipped on her margarita. Rea even ordered a drink that tasted pretty great (Orange Crush). I cannot remember the name of my drink or what all was in it... but I know that I could not finish it. Yes, the lush in me had trouble finishing a drink a Margaritaville. It was so strong, really. My face turned really red and I got really hot (something about the way it hit my stomach, I suppose). Anyway, it was good before the reaction hit a few sips in. Nolan even enjoyed his own "kid beverage" while we waited on lunch.

After we finished lunch, we checked out the shop to see what kind of fun they had in there. Mom liked the chair and decided to lounge for a minute. Too bad we weren't "lounging in the lagoon" with all the other Parrotheads. 

Anyway... as far as reviews go, this place rocked it quite nicely. But then again, I wouldn't have expected anything less from a Margaritaville. 


No comments:

Post a Comment