Thursday, December 8, 2011

And counting...

We are 17 sleeps away from Christmas... and counting.

I'm glad I started my shopping a little early this year, but I am noticing that I still have quite a bit of spending left to do in the next couple of weeks. It's funny how bills get in the way of your spending spree, especially during the holidays.

I'm not one of those people who finish their Christmas shopping really early. In fact, I cannot really say I am finished until Christmas gets here and the shops have closed. You see, I have this major problem... it's called buying for other people. I have no problem spending every dime I have on other people, the issue is when I need something and cannot justify buying it for myself. With that being said, I shop until the last minute; spend every penny I possibly can, just so I can get my own Christmas present... the gift of giving.

I'm not worried about finishing up my list of making sure I have certain, specific gifts for my family. I'm worried about going overboard like I do for every other holiday of the year. My other worry is my inconsistent holiday cheer. This year, I was excited really early for the holiday season. I started listening to my Christmas music... dare I even say it... before Halloween. I've been treating myself to peppermint hot chocolate for a little over a month now and I'm breathing in as much "Evergreen" as Bath & Body Works will allow. And though my heart is still very heavy after the passing of my grandfather, I know his spirit is with me. I know that he is sending his love to me, every day. He walks with me... and he talks with me... I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment