Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Holidays

The much anticipated day has come... and has pretty much gone, too. I don't know if anyone else is as exhausted from today, but I know I need a rest. I think it's time to utilize the bubble bath I received as a gift from Santa and pamper myself a little.

Normally, Christmas Day is exciting for about the first couple of hours after waking up... then it's a day filled with nothing. This year, there have been some kinks thrown into this mix of crazy we call our lives.

With the passing of my great-uncle earlier this week, Christmas Eve dinner at my grandparents' grandmother's house was pushed back to Christmas Day. So we had to come up with our own plans for Christmas Eve. We ended up snacking a lot, wrapping a lot, and spending a lot of time just visiting with each other. It was so nice to have my brother and his girlfriend home for the holiday (and not just for a few hours). We played a game together, laughed a lot, and shared some wonderful memories.

After Nolan went to sleep (finally!), we were up a while longer waiting on the arrival of the man with the bag. We were not disappointed... he left a room full of loot for everyone. On Christmas morning, we woke to the smell of breakfast cooking and the sight of magic in our living room. Once Nolan graced us with his presence, we had a blast watching him tear into all of the gifts he received. We also enjoyed a little gift opening ourselves.

It was the most fun cutting up and being together. Jeremy and Amber left in the early afternoon with their children (Dillon, the chocolate lab, and Maggie, the Catahoula). We spent the remainder of the day at my grandmother's house enjoying our Christmas dinner and some quality family time.

I'm back home now and in my pajamas. Yes... I know it's only 7:14 p.m., but when you go to sleep at 4:30 in the morning and get up again at 8, you're pretty tired all day. I think I could go for a cup of cocoa and a warm blanket... then I'll snuggle in for the night with a good movie. Perhaps I'll go for one that I got for Christmas. Or maybe I'll read a book. Hmmm.... who knows where the night will take me?! But I'm ready to relax and enjoy the rest of this holiday with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment