Friday, December 30, 2011

Random Thoughts on a Thursday Night...

I just realized it's after midnight. Today is officially New Years Eve Eve. We're two days away from my baby brother's 30th birthday (yeah I realize he's not a baby). My plans were to go visit my friend in Louisville for the holiday originally. But now my dad has thrown a kink into the mix of madness that is life. What better way to close out this year but to have someone in the hospital?! (Send some good vibes or thoughts/prayers our way yet again please...)

Dad had some severe pain in his lower left abdominal area that caused mom to take him into Private Referral to be seen. After some blood work and such, he was admitted for observation. I don't know if he will get to come home tomorrow or not. They're going to do more blood work and some xrays to see what is going on. They are pretty confident that it's diverticulitis, which can be really painful. And worse case scenario... surgery to remove the affected part of his colon. (Big sigh)

So with that hanging in the air, I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should stay around here and help out or head up to Louisville anyway. It's a waiting game. I think I'm starting to see a pattern with that this year.

In other news, my "Cheers" turned 10 yesterday. I met up with two of my girls to enjoy a little fun at Tidball's with the other wallflowers. It was so good to get out and kick up my heels with a nice cocktail. Tidball's did so much for me in the past 8 years. I wasn't around when it first opened, but I was sure there every night of the week for a while. There was no better place to be than there... still isn't. I couldn't get treated that good anywhere else. John Tidball and Brian Jarvis are top notch fellas! And I'm honored to know them and be a part of their history. So... Happy Anniversary Tidball's! You are loved so much!


Me, Crystal, and Jennifer... we've spent a lot of time inside these brick walls...

I met Jennifer through a good friend, JG... She's a sweetheart!


I love her. She is the peanut butter to my jelly. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes...there were some good, good times at Tidball's!

    Sorry to hear about your dad being ill. Berg's dad, David, had diverticulitis once and he said it was a scary pain. Hope he's on the mend soon!

    The comment I left on the blog post before this one is sitting well with me...I just want you to know that I do know it was an incredibly hard year for you in losing your grandfather. Nobody would call that a good thing, that's not what I meant. Overall, you had many triumphs in 2011 and I was focusing on the celebration of that...not to be glossing over the loss your family experienced...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! Stoopid autocorrect!!!

    The comment ISN'T sitting well with me... Not IS. If it was, I wouldn't be recommenting, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my dear friend. I knew exactly what you meant. I know you would never discount my losses like that. Your comment was good for my soul. After reading it, I made my sister and my mother read it, too. Being able to love like that is a wonderful accomplishment, no matter the loss. So many people do not get to experience that kind of relationship with their family. I am so lucky to have the family I do have. They are my life. Your comment was so good for me to hear. I now count 2011 as a good year... so thank you.

    ReplyDelete