Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Break

Is it odd that I need a break from my holiday break? I'm nearing the end of the first week of my holiday break from work and I just want to escape!

I have given myself a break from the Christmas music already. I knew it was going to happen. I've been listening to it since the middle of October... daily. The past couple of days, I have switched my iPod to shuffle on all songs and not just the Holiday playlists. It's kind of refreshing listening to Jack Johnson sing about Banana Pancakes and Limp Bizkit yell about The Nookie.

I'm trying to rest from the baking and decorating. I know I still have some things to finish up on and I haven't even started on some of the candies. It'll get done sometime... hopefully. I have the best sous chef in the world... Thanks, Mom! You bake a mean cake!!

As for the shopping... well, I'm about done. I am one of those last minute shoppers. I plan it that way, though. I have a real problem with stopping. You see, I buy and I buy and I love it! If there are days left and money left in my pocket, I'm going to try my hardest to buy more for the people I love. So, in order to save my bank account, I have to shop late. There are a few things left to pick up and hopefully I'll get that done sometime tomorrow.

For now, I'm taking a break. I'm jamming out to The Beatles and The Stones while laying around in my pajamas. I might have to make this a long, hot bath kind of night.

I am so thankful for my life.

On a side note, I am thinking about my family. We lost my great-uncle, Leonard Jones, this week to Leukemia. He's been battling this disease, or some version of it, for a long time. He was 69 years old and was the loudest, most wonderful man. I'm thinking of his family and will be remembering him during his memorial tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment