Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Cheer

Though my grandfather's passing has been really rough on me, I've found that there's still a bit of holiday cheer in my heart. I know that at any given moment, my December Depression could set in and take it all away but that's not slowing me down.

I came into the office this morning to get the day started and found a lovely surprise inside my office door.



My boss brought us in a Christmas tree. It was lit and everything! I hung some candy canes on there today and I plan on decorating it a little more. I know we just have this week left before our Christmas break, but it's nice to have it there anyway.

I love listening to Christmas music and painting ornaments with my nephew... the smell of sweet peppermint and evergreen. I love pretty wrapping paper and brightly colored bows... ornaments covered in glitter that twinkle in the lights of the tree. I love spending time with my family and even those reruns of holiday movies on the Hallmark Channel.

I truly love the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment