Sunday, August 7, 2011

The First Time...


There is something so special about a little boy. And there's something special about Winnie the Pooh. Growing up, I didn't watch Winnie the Pooh a lot. I wasn't obsessed with it. But I knew who all the characters were and what the stories were about. Kids these days don't watch the same shows we did when we were little. It's so hard to find The Jetson's, The Flintstones, or even Tom & Jerry on television these days. If it isn't on Boomerang, it's not on. Today's "Nick at Night" are things like Fresh Prince of Bel Aire and Beverly Hills 90210. Seriously?! I remember when Green Acres and Donna Reed were in their place. I miss those shows... 

But I've gotten off track here... today, I was able to take Nolan to his very first ever movie at a movie theater. We had originally planned on waiting until Larea was out of the hospital. But was told I could go on and take him. He was so excited! We got our tickets then headed straight to the concession stand where we loaded up with popcorn, Skittles, M&Ms, and a big Coke we could share. There was only one other family (of three) in the theater with us. So it was okay that he was asking questions and taking his shoes off. LOL. He laughed and laughed. And we shared the popcorn, then he ate all my M&Ms.

It was a perfect afternoon... just me and my little buddy. This entire weekend has been great, though. He and I have spent most of the weekend together. I think he has become my shadow. But I told him today I was so proud of him for being so good for me while mommy has been in the hospital. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I know he misses his mommy and cannot wait for her to come home. But in the meantime, I hope that I've been able to occupy his time and his mind. Winnie the Pooh was a perfect first movie... and we just had the perfect little date. 

I think he had a great first time at the movies...

No comments:

Post a Comment