Friday, August 19, 2011

Way Cool

I have recently been on a 90's kick. I found a CD in my car that's loaded up with lots of great 90's rock music. I've been enjoying my tunes on the drive to and from work. And I've just discovered some great re-runs on Nick at Night. So yes, I am watching "Clarissa Explains It All" and yes, I've been grunging it out to Nirvana and secretly doing the New Kids dance.

The best part about all of this isn't the great sounds I'm rockin', but the memories that flood my head while listening to them. To me, the 90's were the good ole days. High school, best friends forever, and marching band. The 90's will always be "ME". Nah... I don't think I'm really stuck in the 90's. But I cannot deny my love for that decade. I mean, never again will I be able to "Party Like It's 1999" with Prince... in 1999. LOL. Back then, music videos still played on MTV. The videos were so perfect for that time. We had Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Warren G, Mariah Carey (before Glitter), Aerosmith, and Metallica. And there was no "Will Smith". He was the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire. And down the street from Bel Aire was Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place.

What could be better that that?! Yeah, yeah... I know... the 80's were great, too. And the new millennium is fantastic. Whatever. Nothing will beat that Nirvana "MTV Unplugged in New York" album or Bush's "Sixteen Stone". I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've bought that same CD. And now that times are a changing, I think I'm going to have to download it from iTunes.

So with that thought, I'm off of here to enjoy the rest of my weekend with great friends and good soul-rockin' music. I think I'm headed to the International Newgrass Festival... maybe... :)

2 comments:

  1. Right? Bring back the 90s!!! Bring back the 90s!!

    Ps- a local dj you know that I was dating back then scored us Bush tickets when they came to Starwood, and my parents wouldn't let me go. :( He was such a good boyfriend that he stayed home with me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH!! My parents probably wouldn't have let me go either. That same local dj was supposed to score me some Journey tickets for next month. I wonder if he still has those?! LOL

    ReplyDelete