Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Random Thoughts on a Tuesday Night...

Sometimes I look into the mirror and see a 32 year old staring back at me. But I'm not so sure I feel like a 32 year old. And I'm not so sure I look like a 32 year old should look. I just know I'm 32. So I see 32 when I look in the mirror.

But you know that saying "you're only as old as you feel"? What kind of crap is that, really? Yeah, sure... I feel like I should be in my mid-late twenties. I feel like I am can still be fun. I feel like I am can still dress up and have a good time. But is that only in my head? Some days I feel 100 years old. And some days I feel 19 again. So do I take those ages and average it out?? If that's the case, I'm nearly 50. That might be more like it.

And then there's the whole "biological clock" mumbo-jumbo. I'm apparently already out of my prime child-bearing years. (tic-tock, tic-tock) I wish Nolan had someone to play with. And I wish there were some sweet baby in my life. But saying that... I wonder what that would be like, for real. (tic-tock) And like I've always said... I don't know if I could ever love another child the way I love Nolan... and he isn't even mine! I know, ridiculous. What's the age you should stop having children? I need to make sure I make up my mind about kids before that age gets here and it's too late. (tic-tock) And then... I'd need to find someone willing to drop a few tadpoles for that to happen. I'm not seeing too many takers lining up outside my door.

Speaking of Nolan... he's got a birthday coming up soon. I've already been doing a little pre-birthday shopping for him. I might need to pick a few more things up before then. Time goes by way too fast for me.

Okay... so that was a typical "5 minute thinking session" on a typical Tuesday night. Thanks for sharing it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment