Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Harvest


Summer is a time of playful days and smoldering nights. A time when you can sit on your front porch watching the sun set while drinking an ice cold glass of sweet tea, skin softly glistening from sweat while watching the kids play in the yard. Summer's a time of spending long weekends on the lake and building sand castles on vacation at the beach. There's almost nothing better, huh?

But there is... after summer, we get to experience my favorite time of year. Autumn. The time of year when the leaves change colors and fall like confetti across the lawn. I love the feel of a nice cool night when you pull a nice, soft sweater out of that box of Winter clothes. There are big pots of chili, Indian corn, pumpkins, hayrides, bonfires, and high school football games. You can NOT convince me that there is a better time of year! You just can't do it! 

It's also the time of year for harvest. And to me, that means reflecting on my year and enjoying the memories that were made. I harvest my joys and revel in my happiness during this time of the year. 

Life is good. Life is so good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment