Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Busy Signal

I didn't know phones these days actually had busy signals. I guess I'm so used to multiple lines and ringing until the voicemail picks up. When I actually do get a busy signal I am completely flustered and think "what?! busy?!"...

But after accepting the busy signal, I realized that it's sort of my life. I sit back and think "you're not that busy, Tammy"... But then I think about what I've been doing and realize that yeah, maybe I have been busy. I've neglected my friends. I've neglected myself some. Schoolwork has got me down lately. It seems like the last few weeks of this semester are taking forever AND are full of more work. I'm constantly typing and writing and researching and checking deadlines. I liked life much better when I didn't have all that extra going on. But when I didn't have all that extra, I was busy doing nothing.

It's no secret that I like my sleep. I love being cozied up in my awesome bed at home with my high thread count sheets and my handmade quilt. Just like now, the fan is blowing a breeze over me and I'm so content with my life. It's much more enjoyable now, though, because I just finished a Health assignment and I can actually enjoy it without worrying about what's due next. I can worry about that tomorrow. Tonight, I plan on a little laundry and nothing else. And I think that suits me just fine.

So for the rest of the night, I have my "busy signal" on. I see sleep in my very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment