Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hands Down Favorite

One of the most asked questions is "What's your favorite song?". For years I would say, "I don't really have a favorite song. I like all music." Then I realized that was a bold-faced lie. I love, have always loved, and will always love Guitar Town by Steve Earle. Yeah, yeah. I know... it's not the most popular song out there. And it's not the newest song out there. But it's a song that I have consistently said I loved since I was young.

Steve Earle came out with this song in 1986 on his album titled Guitar Town. I was 7 years old when I realized I loved this song. I loved the video. I remember getting really excited when I'd see it on CMT. The part I remembered most was him getting off the tour bus. And I thought... I want someone to take me to the Guitar Town.

Well nothing much has changed. I still want someone to take me back with them to the Guitar Town. I decided (finally) that this song was THE song just a few years ago. It was like a big slap in the face. "DUH!" I remember late nights coming home from the local pub, heading to McDonald's for a double cheeseburger with my girl, Crystal, and singing this song at the top of my lungs. It has to be, hands down, my favorite. And I'm leaving you with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment