Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Nice Day Out

My sister and I headed out (without the 3 year old) for a "Girls Day Out" thing at the conference center today. We weren't really impressed with the little event. There were only a couple of things we enjoyed. The "Fake Cakes" were really weird. There were lots of little jewelry booths set up. One caught my eye... Stella&Dot. They have fantastic jewelry. But gosh, they're expensive. I might, though, check into hosting a party. But I don't know that anyone I know could afford this costume jewelry. Ugh...

After the event, we enjoyed a nice lunch on the patio at Rafferty's. Even though the waiter wasn't great, the food was pretty good. And the moment was even better. We just sat and talked over cheese fries and a cocktail. It was a really good time just hanging out, being there with my sister.

After our nice lunch, we shopped a little at the mall and then headed home. Back to homework. Back to housework. Back to Nolan. I had thought about grabbing a drink out at my local watering hole, but I think I'm just done for the night. It's not as much fun going alone anyway. But who knows?? The night is still young.

No comments:

Post a Comment