Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 10: I Am Thankful For...

November 10: I am thankful for weekends without plans.

I work all week long and by mid afternoon Friday, I am ready to check out. Sure, it's great to have something to do, places to go, people to see. But there is something so wonderful about a weekend when you have no set plans at all. I love it! I made dinner Friday night because mom wasn't feeling great... Attended the Veterans Day Parade downtown Bowling Green on Saturday morning, then spent the afternoon doing some much needed cleaning. By early evening, I had decided I deserved a little drink or two. So an impromptu visit to my local watering hole was just what I needed. I had a great time hanging with my friends there... except for those shoes. LOL. Today was spent sleeping in, then running some errands in town before returning home to clean a little more.

The best part of the whole weekend was how spontaneous it all was. Nothing planned. No destinations to be at... no people to entertain. Just me. And that was awesome! I love weekends like this... and I am so thankful to have these weekends every now and then because it helps me to refuel for what's to come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment