Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 8: I Am Thankful For...


November 8: I am thankful for the holiday season.

Every year, I sink down into a depression that seems to never end. Eventually it does. But I know you know what I'm talking about. The weather is cold and the days are gloomy... and all you want to do is stay in bed all day wrapped in the warmth of a big comfy blanket. It's the time of year when you want to eat comfort food and just be lazy. It's times like these that make me so happy to know that the holidays are within reach. I love spending time with my family and friends. I love all the baking and decorating. The holiday music and the Hallmark movies are so romantic. They make you feel so warm and fuzzy. It just makes you feel so good. And when you're a seasonally depressed person, you need a little "pick-me-up." I love the holidays and everything that comes along with it. I cannot wait to roam the halls of the local mall with all the angry shoppers pushing their way towards the registers. It cracks me up really (Of course I say that now... might be feeling differently about it in another month. Haha).

There is just something so magical about this time of year. I am thankful for the good mood it puts me in when I need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment