Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 3: I Am Thankful For...

November 3: I am thankful for memories.

One year ago today, my grandfather was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer that would take his life by the end of the month. Five years ago in September, the most amazing little person entered my life and changed my views forever. Two months ago, I spent a few days in Nevada with two of the most amazing women I know just hanging out, catching up, and remembering why we loved each other so much in the first place. A year ago in August my sister was cleared of her cancer. And fifteen years ago this past May, I graduated from high school.

There are so many things that go through my mind as I age. Memories are the most wonderful of all those thoughts. Where would I be without them? My experiences have shaped me into the woman I am today. And how would I ever get to where I am without those memories. I am so thankful that I have them, that I have pictures and video clips from different moments in my life. Those pictures tell me a story. They tell my life story. And I am thankful for my memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment