Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 16: I Am Thankful For...

November 16: I am thankful for my career and the people that make it so special.

I'm getting into my "most thankful" week and I have to say that one of the things I am most thankful for is my work and the people I get to share that with.

Starting with my boss... John is more than I could have ever asked for in a supervisor. I have never laughed so much or enjoyed my job (any of my jobs) more than I do now. It's true... I used to think about taking off work all the time. Lord knows I love to travel. But working with John, I've found a good working relationship where I can be myself, as crazy as I am. He respects me and the person that I am, and I hope I show him the respect he deserves.

I have to say thanks to my instructors. If you guys are reading this... I think you're all amazing. I think we all have an understanding of how things should work... and we make it happen. We've added a few new people within the past year, and they've all fallen in just nicely. I can honestly say that I enjoy every one of you.

My student workers...
Charles, thank you so much for all you do with our IT stuff. Those envelopes drive me crazy every month and you worked real hard to help me fix that. And that website... you've created a wonderful website where we can showcase our area and the training we provide.

To my dear friend, Robin... Well, we've had busy days and not-so-busy days. You cook up a mean lunch and you always have a fund raiser going on. I enjoy your company every day and I'm so glad we have developed more of a friendship than just that of boss/worker. I hope that you know how much trust and faith I have in you. You're a wonderful person... don't let anybody tell you any different.

For all of my co-workers, you have made SFRT Area 4 more than just an office providing training. You have made us a family and I'm so happy to be a part of it.

So with that being said... I'm so thankful for the work family that I have and a wonderful job to go to every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment