Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cabin Fever


Loving the snow is one thing... cabin fever is another. Despite the inches upon inches of white stuff covering the ground, I had to get out of the house today. My sister, nephew and I got out to enjoy the sunshine and a day off. Stopping at her office this afternoon, we saw this...
Yes... you see it correctly. That's Wildman outside in 15 degree weather blowing snow off the sidewalk in a tshirt and cotton shorts. YES... that is correct. CRAZY!! I was freezing my butt off just trying to take this picture (and I was inside the car!). It was absolutely hilarious.

After leaving there laughing hysterically, we ventured into town to shop a little bit. It was nice to see some congestion on the roads. It's almost back to normal. Though I will miss the snow when it melts, it was good to get out of this house.

People are getting sick. This weather going back and forth is making the worst in everyone appear. My nephew was sick this week. My cousin's little girl tested positive for the flu. Sinus headaches are becoming my best friends lately. And Nyquil is soon to be setting up shop on my nightstand. It seems later coming on this year than normal. I thought I was going to slide by this winter without a sickness of any kind. But I am not so sure that's going to happen anymore.

Being sick doesn't allow much focus on homework. So I thought I'd best get it done before it really sets in. And now that my homework for this week is completed, I can focus on the one thing I love the most... sleep. It's 5 degrees outside right now according to my Weather Channel toolbar. So I think I'll definitely be keeping on my knee socks tonight. Maybe even thow on an extra pair. I have got to invest in a heated blanket or matress pad soon! Happy dreaming folks... Tomorrow is Friday.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That is hilarious! It's bad enough he's wearing shorts, but is that a leaf blower? =)

    ReplyDelete