Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Silver Lining


I am so tired of being sick. And I am so tired of being an emotional wreck. I'm TIRED of it!! This pitiful me has to go! Now! With every minute that passes, I'm gaining more energy. And with every new bit of energy comes a little more happiness.

There is a silver lining. I just know there is. And my silver lining came in the form of a 3 year old's smile...

I took my nephew to Chuck E Cheese yesterday and met up with my cousin and her little girl. It was the perfect day to try to go because no one was there. Well... maybe like 5 families total. We played and played and had the best time. Nolan was so good for me. And he just opened my heart again. His smile is so addictive. And that laughter is so contagious. We had so much fun together.

~Nolan and Magaily playing at Chuck E Cheese~


~He totally deserved this frosted Elmo cookie... He was great for me!~

I was still tired and worn out from everything. But today, it has gotten just that much better. I woke up with him being my sweetheart. And then this afternoon he was so happy to see me and just wanted to "hang out". Then tonight, he wrote me a sweet little note that said "Buzzy I love you Nolan". (I know it doesn't say much... but it says everything.) And that's just done it for me. My cloud has a huge silver lining. And it came just when I needed it! I've had my moment alone. And then I've had my moments with Nolan. And I can say those sweet moments with my little buddy are so much better than spending any moment alone.

So thank you, Nolan, for showing me the silver lining this week. It's been a long journey trying to get better. And I'm still working on it. But with Nolan in my life, I know the sun is shining just down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment