Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Complaint Department


So... I guess I'm just not getting it. For a while now, I've heard nothing but complaints about the snow. I see it out there. I see it piling up in the yards, on the roads, everywhere. But unlike everyone else, I love it. I think I'm the last person out there who actually just wants to sit back and watch it pour down from my window. There's just something so fresh and quiet about the snow. It's cold. It brings new beginnings (eventually). New beginnings like Spring, which leads to Summer and Fall and so-on. I'm not tired of it. I wouldn't care if another 5 inches fell on us. I have nowhere I need to be. Nothing I have to be doing. Maybe that's where I'm different from other people. I actually can sit back and enjoy it.

I took this photo outside my bedroom window earlier today of some trees in our creekbed. To me, it is so peaceful. It makes me think of old Disney movies where they show the cartoon birds eating their seeds on the freshly fallen snow. It makes me think of Jo and Laurie. And it makes me think about music. And tonight, the song I'm singing is so much more beautiful than the best classics out there. Because I'm singing about peace and joy in my heart. So I say "Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment