Saturday, January 22, 2011

Gypsies never get tied down...

A friend of mine was talking about airstreams and travel and such... and it brought me back to The Airstream Song by Miranda Lambert. How appropriate to think of this song after the week of soul searching I've had.

***
Sometimes I wish I lived in an Airstream
Homemade curtains, lived just like a gypsy
Break a heart, roll out of town
‘Cause gypsies never get tied down

Sometimes I wish I lived on a mountain
Drank from a stream instead of a fountain
I’d stay there, top of the world
But I was born a red dirt girl

Unbridled or tethered and tied
The safety of the fence or the danger of the ride
I’ll always be unsatisfied

Sometimes I wish I lived by a pier
In a lighthouse with a chandelier
I’d watch everybody’s ships come in
And then I’d sail away with them

Unanchored in the storm
Or safely on the shore
If this is all I need, why do I want more

Sometimes I wish I lived in an airstream
Homemade curtains, lived just like a gypsy
***


The lyrics in this song represent so much of who I am. I can feel it in my soul.

1 comment:

  1. That song has probably moved into a tie for first with my favorite song! I love it so much! I know we will listen to that cd a few times on our trip south in March.

    ReplyDelete