Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lost In Translation

It's the end of the second Thursday for the year 2011. I'm sitting at the kitchen table dwelling over the past 24 hours and waiting on a huge chocolate cake to cool so I can slap a little frosting on it and call it a night. Rubbing my face I realize my eyebrows REALLY need a little attention and my hard-core work out didn't quite happen tonight. In fact, I feel pretty yuck after a day of eating whatever. I logged it all anyway and still came in under my daily caloric intake. Now... I'm not a dieter. I've never truly dieted and I never will. It took me a long time to get where I am now... a long and painful time. But here I am. And I can honestly say I look in the mirror and am okay with what I see staring back at me. No I'm not skinny. No I'm no athletic by any means. And no, I'm not beautiful. But... I can be honest with myself. And I can accept myself for the full figured woman that I am. How many women can truly look at themselves in the mirror and be fine with what they see??

The mirror today has been clouded with the fast pace of life and people around me. If you know anything about me, you know that this whirlwind happens continuously. There is always something going on. For instance... my mother called me this afternoon and asked me if I would bake a cake tonight for a work colleague's birthday tomorrow. Naturally I said yes. So here I am at 9:49 baking a cake that will have cockroaches on it. Yes... I said it... Cockroaches. I'll post a pic tomorrow of that disaster!!

Speaking of disaster... What is up with this crap about new horoscopes?? I am what I am... a Taurus... and I'm not changing it!! To hell with what all those idiots say... why after a zillion and fifteen years do we need to go changing it?? And Lord knows I'm okay with change. I'm just not okay with this!

Another disaster is me... What a horrible friend I am?! That's how I feel anyway. Explanation: One of my dearest friends is in a predicament. She desperately longs for love and happiness for herself and her girls. A situation presented itself recently and she's wanting to go for it. But I feel like I am bringing her down by being real about the situation. I feel bad about my honesty. But then again I don't. I do not apologize for being honest. I want my friend to be truly happy. I want her to find someone that deserves her love and will love her the way she deserves to be loved. It just frustrates me that she sells herself short because she needs that love and affection immediately. I want the best for her and I hope she realizes she is truly worth more than what she sees in her mirror.

So... now... with that being said. My cake has fallen in the middle and I'm still sitting here blogging away my boredom. Somewhere life has become a complicated mess and I got lost in translation...

No comments:

Post a Comment