Friday, November 18, 2011

I am thankful... day 17

November 17: I am thankful for voice recordings of Poppa. He might ask the same questions over and over and they might be slightly annoying now. But I know there will be a day that I wish I could hear him again.

Right now, my grandfather gets anxious and sometimes aggravated. He rambles on all day long if he isn't medicated. Last night he wouldn't stop talking about the catheter that was put in. Today, he was talking about fishing and what were we going to do with the fish. We just answer his questions and try to get him to calm down and just rest. I never think of it as a burden to talk to him, though it can be annoying answering the same questions constantly. But when the time comes that he can no longer talk to me, I will be so thankful that I got out my phone and recorded him talking. 

1 comment:

  1. I sat down at my granddaddy's feet one day, after the diagnosis, and since he was a charter bus driver, asked him to give his gypsy-footed granddaughter a list of ten places I just had to see in my lifetime. I've marked off a few since then, and I'm always feeling like he somehow knows. And, I have to tell you someday of how many signs we saw of him on our Rt 66 trip, even Steph was like, okay, this isn't even reaching...he is definitely with us.
    Jeez...I hope he wasn't in Vegas, though..haha!

    ReplyDelete