Monday, November 21, 2011

I am thankful... day 21

November 21: I am thankful for wonderful grandparents and the good values they taught my dad and mom that they passed down to us.

My dad's parents passed away when I was little. I don't remember them very much, but I know they were good people because my dad is a great person. And I know that's because they raised him well.

The only grandparents I have left are my mom's parents... and they're slipping away a little more every day. I am so thankful for every day we get to spend together.

My grandfather's cancer is getting worse every day. Today he was taken to the Hospice Center in town because he's becoming so much more aggressive and aggravated. Even my Aunt Pat had trouble with him last night and this morning... and she's a strong woman!! And even though I see him every day and see changes in him every day, I still see the Poppa I grew up with. I will always see him that way.

My grandmother is just an angel. She is so amazing and I know where my mom gets it. I can only HOPE to be half the woman they are.

I love them so much and I am so thankful to be their granddaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment